The exam season can be a really stressful and challenging time, for both kids and parents. Our exam boxes are tailored for both boys and girls young and old and have been thoughtfully put together with helpful little items and tips to help make the exam period a little easier.
The CareBox team have put together a few exam tips, mostly thanks to an interview on 702 with Nikki Bush. She has some really lovely tips which we’d like to share with you briefly…the rest can be found on our website.
- Start to prepare and plan for your exams early, don’t leave it to the last minute.
- Keep active – carry on exercising to keep your mind and body focused.
- Break up your studying into manageable chunks with sufficient breaks in between. This is a great way to practice time management.
- Get exam fit by practicing past papers and setting a time, similar to exam conditions.
- Reduce distractions while you’re studying, ideally turn your cellphone off.
- Rehydrate and refuel: drink loads of water (it wakes and makes up the brain) and enjoy a good breakfast to start your day.
- Take 5 minutes to read through questions properly and then ask yourself ‘what are they asking me to do?’ Try not to write down a whole lot of stuff that you may know, without actually answering the question. It’s not just about what you know, it’s about answering the specific question.
- Get a good nights sleep – any extra knowledge you gain from a few frantic hours of cramming will be negated by the fact that sleep deprivation reduces mental capacity. Knowing your work is important but not as important as your ability to get through your paper.
- …and finally, think positively – you’ve got this, you’ve worked hard, take a deep breath.
Lucky Bean Exam Box for him:
Don’t stress. Do your best. Forget the rest.
This CareBox has been carefully picked just for him to help make the exam preparation a little more manageable and enjoyable. With items selected specifically for the purpose of studying, this CareBox is a reminder that anything is possible and hard work pays off.
Pearl Rose Exam Box for her:
Keep your eyes on the stars and hope in your heart.
This CareBox has been specially created for the exam season to bring her a whole lot of love and luck as she prepares for her exams. This CareBox is an encouragement and reminder to work hard, give it her best shot and that her effort is what counts the most. She’s got this!
A bird sitting on a tree is not afraid of the branch breaking because its trust is not on the branch but on its own wings…